‘Made in Abyss,’ ‘Your Name.’ & More Score Crunchyroll Anime Awards

The 2018 Crunchyroll Anime Awards have come and gone, celebrating the best films, series and manga across 17 categories. The panel of jurors named Kinema Citrus Co.’s Made in Abyss Anime of the Year; the series is directed by Masayuki Kojima and is based on the fantasy manga series by Akihito Tsukushi, about a young girl and her robot friend on a quest into the Abyss to find her mother. Makoto Shinkai’s highly original Your Name. won Best Film. My Hero Academia from BONES won the most awards with seven.


You can check out a winners’ recap video below or watch the entire awards show stream on Twitch.

The 2018 Crunchyroll Award Winners are:

Best Animation: My Hero Academia Season 2 [BONES]

Best Film: Your Name.[Comix Wave Films]


Best Opening: My Hero Academia Season 2 – OP 1, “Peace Sign” (ピースサイン) by Kenshi Yonezu

Best Ending: Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid, “Ishukan Communication” (イシュカン・コミュニケーション) by Chorogonzu (ちょろゴンず)

Best CGI: Land of the Lustrous [Orange]

Best Score: Made in Abyss

Best Action: My Hero Academia Season 2

Best Drama: The Ancient Magus’ Bride [WIT Studio]

Best Comedy: Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid [Kyoto Animation]


Best Slice of My Life: Girls’ Last Tour [White Fox]

Best Continuing Series: March comes in like a lion. [Shaft]

Best Boy: Shoto Todoroki, My Hero Academia

Best Girl: Ochako Uraraka, My Hero Academia


Hero of the Year: Izuku “Deku” Midoriya, My Hero Academia

Villain of the Year: Stain, My Hero Academia

Manga of the Year: My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness [Seven Seas Ent.]

Anime of the Year: Made in Abyss [Kinema Citrus]